Is it possible to generate a pool of random D or D inline assembler programs, run them safely?

Sebastien Alaiwan via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 18 22:19:46 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 at 17:35:17 UTC, Enjoys Math wrote:
> Without them crashing the app running them?  Say by wrapping
> with try / catch?

and, most probably a timeout, as  you're certainly going to run
into infinite loops.

> Reason is so I don't have to make my own VM.

Why not reuse an existing one? Some of them are very simple:
https://github.com/munificent/wren

It will be a lot easier than trying to generate random
*compilable* D programs ; and will avoid requiring a compilation
step in your mutation loop (I know the D compiler is fast, but
still :-) ).