It makes me sick!

FoxyBrown via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 27 10:58:57 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 27 July 2017 at 12:23:52 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 22:29:00 Ali Çehreli via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> On 07/26/2017 09:20 PM, FoxyBrown wrote:
>>  >> Somebody else had the same problem which they solved by
>> removing
>>  >>
>>  >> "entire dmd":
>>  >>
>> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ejybuwermnentslcyajs@forum.dlang.org
>>  >>
>>  >> Ali
>>  >
>>  > Thanks, that was it. So I guess I have to delete the
>> original dmd2 dir
>>  > before I install each time... didn't use to have to do that.
>>
>> Normally, it shouldn't be necessary. The splitting of the
>> datetime package[1] had this effect but I'm not sure why the
>> installation process can't take care of it.
>>
>> Ali
>>
>> [1] http://dlang.org/changelog/2.075.0.html#split-std-datetime
>
> It _should_ take care of it. The fact that multiple people have
> run into this problem and that the solution was to remove dmd
> and then reinstall it implies that there's a bug in the
> installer.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I do not use the installer, I use the zip file. I assumed that
everything would be overwritten and any old stuff would simply go
unused.. but it seems it doesn't. If the other person used the
installer then it is a problem with dmd itself not designed
properly and using files that it shouldn't. I simply unzip the
zip file in to the dmd2 dir and replace sc.ini... that has been
my MO for since I've been trying out dmd2 and only recently has
it had a problem.