using DCompute

James Dean via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 27 14:33:29 PDT 2017

I'm interested in trying it out, says it's just for ldc. Can we
simply compile it using ldc then import it and use dmd, ldc, or
gdc afterwards?

---
a SPIRV capable LLVM (available here to build ldc to to support
SPIRV (required for OpenCL)).
or LDC built with any LLVM 3.9.1 or greater that has the NVPTX
backend enabled, to support CUDA.
---

Is the LDC from the download pages have these enabled?

Also, can DCompute or any GPU stuff efficiently render stuff
because it is already on the GPU or does one sort of have to jump
through hoops to, say, render a buffer?

e.g., suppose I want to compute a 3D mathematical function and
visualize it's volume. Do I go in to the GPU, do the compute,
back out to cpu, then to the graphics system(opengl/directX) or
can I just essentially do it all from the gpu?