It makes me sick!

Grander via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 29 09:22:50 PDT 2017

On Friday, 28 July 2017 at 22:32:27 UTC, FoxyBrown wrote:
> On Friday, 28 July 2017 at 21:35:01 UTC, Anonymouse wrote:
>> [...]
>
> YES! EXACTLY! I AM EXPECTING THE SOFTWARE, WHICH IS WHAT THE
> PROGRAMMER CREATED AND HANDLES THE FILES TO ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT
> THE HELL IT IS DOING!
>
> [...]

The software actually knows what it does: loading/including all
files from its library directory.

If you place your own pictures into a text processing program's
clipart directory, you shouldn't complain about finding them
listed as cliparts either.

> I'm sorry if that is too complex to understand.
>
> If the software has some build in design that makes it use
> arbitrary files in a specific way like it does with
> std.datetime, then it should have sanity checks.
>
> [...]

Seems like the DMD zip should contain a notice like this:
"Extract into an empty directory."