Questions about dmd source

Francis Nixon via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 29 23:18:16 PDT 2017

I have two completely unrelated questions about the dmd source
code.

1. What does the mtype.Type.dotExp method do? The documentation
comment says that it "Accesses the members of the object e". I'm
not sure exactly why I would want to do that? Is it for handling
types specified using an identifier/template chain (aka
foo.bar!(uint).c)?

2. I've noticed there are some rather long methods in the dmd
source, involving more than one goto; parse.d is particularly
bad. Is there a reason for this/is it being fixed?