It makes me sick!

Grander via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 31 06:40:01 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 29 July 2017 at 21:52:38 UTC, FoxyBrown wrote:
> On Saturday, 29 July 2017 at 21:48:09 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
>> On 28.07.2017 23:30, FoxyBrown wrote:
>>>
>>> because you didn't want to spend 10 minutes to fix a program.
>>
>> You need to realize that the same thing applies to you. There
>> is no "us" vs "you". I.e. if you know it to only be 10 minutes
>> of work, why don't you just fix it yourself? Mike currently
>> has as many commits in DMD as you do, and he is already busy
>> contributing in other ways.
>>

> EXACTLY! Your problem is that you are taking the you vs me too
> literal. I am talking about a mentality people have that think
> that them saving 10 minutes by not implementing something that
> will save 10 hours(low estimate) for everyone else is a good
> thing and criticize people when they say there is a better and
> try to condemn them and continue the status quo that wastes
> more time.

You should probably start to think about the real reason behind
all this.
The thing you complain about is DMD being flexible, like any
other compiler is too.

Try blundering around with the 'include' folder of your favorite
C compiler,
but don't blame me if nothing works any any more, because your
compiler uses that directory as-is as its include directory and
does not have an internal whitelist of the files to expect there.

The next question is, would like DMD to require a whitelist for
every single include directory, which means forcing each dev to
write or generate a file list of his library directories?