gtk arch issues

Johnson Jones via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 31 10:16:32 PDT 2017

how does one allow both gtk x86 and x64 to work side by side
seamlessly?

I installed x64 first and it seems, because whatever is using the
path to find the gtk runtime, it looks for that first even in x86
build.

Seems like gtkd's dll resolution is not very intelligent. While I
could manually modify the path each time I switch archs, that
seems pointless.

One of the problems in gtkd is that it has multiple places where
it defines libgdk-3-0.dll.

I've tried modifying gdkD so that it uses versioning properly by
searching for libgdk-3-0.dll and changing all to use an x86 or
x64 when appropriate but that doesn't seem to help. Probably have
to rebuild gtkD.

Anyways, doesn't seem to be a great solution ;/ Any ideas and
maybe someone can add an issue to the github page to get this
fixed? (I can't do it for a while because of other issues).