D scripting in D

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 1 20:33:37 PDT 2017

On Friday, 2 June 2017 at 02:32:43 UTC, Mike B Johnson wrote:
> But it would be nice if a D had a scripting language that used
> the same D syntax as this would make porting a piece of cake.

So my script.d has kinda similar syntax, but fairly different
semantics than good D code (though my jsvar.d provides a type to
D that is very similar to the type in the script)...

Which means copy/paste might even compile, but it would be liable
to work differently.

> I'm looking for something like this in D because D's features
> are much better. having meta capabilities in scripting would be
> cool.

Mine also doesn't do the meta stuff... yet. I could prolly add it
easily enough but I never got around to it.

But I really think you can find a lot of use just using D itself.
Make your application into some kind of library you can link to
and you can be testing stuff in like a second from the time you
write it.

anyway i g2g will talk more later