std.path.buildPath

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 3 08:24:38 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 3 June 2017 at 14:12:03 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> I have no idea what drugs the person who chose that last one to
> be correct semantics was on at the time, but it was some
> seriously bad stuff.

Of all people, I certainly didn't expect you to stray so far from
the tone appropriate here. Please keep it civil.

> I cannot find any excuse for this to be even remotely
> reasonable.

I suspect the original author had applications in mind where you
want to resolve user-specified file system paths that might be
relative or absolute. One could just use buildPath to prepend the
root path if necessary. (Whether this is useful or just
unnecessarily error-prone is another question, of course.)

  — David