C macros vs D can't do the right thing

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 4 02:07:30 PDT 2017

On Saturday, June 03, 2017 14:22:11 David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 June 2017 at 14:19:00 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> > Perhaps using the variadic template with a constraint on one
> > element trick will work. Ugly, but I think that will work.
>
> We could also finally fix the frontend to get around this. At
> DConf 2015, Walter officially agreed that this is a bug that
> needs fixing. ;)

He did agree, but AFAIK, no one has ever actually done the work, and I
suspect that unless Walter gets frustrated over the problem himself, he
won't get around to fixing it himself, but I don't know. I also have no idea
how easy or hard the implementation would be. It really should be fixed at
some point though, since it's clearly causing problems and consistently
forcing us to have workarounds in the standard library.

- Jonathan M Davis