D for Web Development?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 9 17:38:01 PDT 2017

On Friday, 9 June 2017 at 22:01:14 UTC, Michael Reiland wrote:
> So if I'm understanding this code correctly, your libs don't
> have any sort of routing setup either, and I would have to
> write the code to inspect the URL and do the right thing?

web.d does (it is automatic via names in the source code and
nesting of types or aliases), but I don't support that for third
parties.

It isn't really difficult to do though, `cgi.pathInfo` is all the
stuff at the end and you can pretty easily do whatever with it.

(to be honest I have never understood why routing is such a major
hassle in other libs. It has always been either a just-works or a
trivial matter to me.)

> I think I'd prefer to use more of a template system as it feels
> more productive having it all inline.

huh, I hate template systems. They just so quickly become
complete messes with tons of boring code duplication and idiotic
syntaxes that are harder to use than plain html+helpers.