repl like interface with D app

Mike B Johnson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 16 00:57:46 PDT 2017

I am developing a D app and I have a need to test things out. I
do not want to have to recompile the app every time I want to
test some functionality out.

Suppose I have an app with some functions like foo, bar, etc...
in some module m.

I would like to be able to do basic stuff like

> writeln(m.foo());

or

> auto x = m.bar() + 3;

etc...

This way I can write the functions, compile, then test them out
without compiling.

e.g.,

> m.FlipLightSwitch(34);

which turns on the 34th light in the house, then

> m.FlipLightSwitch(34);

which turns it off. This should take about 1-2 seconds to test
RATHER than about 1m to do the compilation, running, etc.

Having a history buffer would be nice too and even a debugger
showing the basic state(nothing fancy).

Anything like this out there. Lua has things like this that are
very nice to do because they allow for quick testing and
prototyping.