libc dependency

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 20 04:23:55 PDT 2017

On 2017-06-20 01:29, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

> I may have misspoke. I mean they didn't depend on the library itself. I
> think they do depend on the C wrappers.
>
> So for instance, they didn't use FILE *, but instead used
> read/write/recv/send.

They did use the Posix and Windows API functions. I can see some imports
for libc and Posix functions spread out here and there [1], but I'm not
too familiar with are system calls and which are not. It's certainly no
way near how much is used in Phobos today.

[1] http://dsource.org/projects/tango/browser/trunk/tango/sys/Process.d#L17

--
/Jacob Carlborg