implib.exe no output files

Ivan Kazmenko via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 21 04:30:56 PDT 2017

On Monday, 19 June 2017 at 23:11:29 UTC, Joel wrote:
> On Sunday, 18 June 2017 at 09:48:31 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
>> On Sunday, 18 June 2017 at 07:41:27 UTC, Joel wrote:
>>> I got the file here: http://ftp.digitalmars.com/bup.zip
>>>
>>> It works on other computers.
>>>
>>> I was trying to update to the latest DAllegro
>>> (https://github.com/SiegeLord/DAllegro5).
>>>
>>> Though, I used another computer for the lib files and still
>>> couldn't get the latest DAllegro5 working.
>>
>> The .bat files in https://github.com/SiegeLord/DAllegro5 work
>> fine for me.
>>
>> Could you please be more specific about what exactly you are
>> doing, and what went wrong?
>>
>> Keep in mind that you need Allegro binaries (e.g. from
>> http://liballeg.org/download.html#windows) to use implib.
>>
>> Ivan Kazmenko.
>
> I have the dll's in the same directory where I run the create
> lib .bat file. It displays the normal stuff, but no lib files!
>
> I'm wondering if implib needs to be worked on.

Sorry, that's still not specific enough.

I've just tested this in a fresh directory:
1. Get https://github.com/SiegeLord/DAllegro5
2. Get
https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5/releases/download/5.2.2.0/allegro-mingw-gcc6.2.0-x86-static-5.2.2.zip
3. Put, for example, allegro-5.2.dll from the archive to
DAllegro5 directory.
4. Run create_import_libs.bat, here is the output:
-----
...>rem This batch file creates import dlls in the current folder
and strips the version number
...>rem because OPTLINK sucks.
Digital Mars Import Library Manager Version 7.6B1n
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 2000.  All Rights Reserved.
Input is a Windows NT DLL file 'allegro-5.2.dll'.
Output is a Windows NT import library.
Digital Mars Import Library Creator complete.
-----
5. Now I got allegro.lib in the directory.

Which of these steps fails for you, and how?

Ivan Kazmenko.