Dealing with the interior pointers bug

TheGag96 via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 21 10:11:41 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 21 June 2017 at 15:42:22 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> This comes from the fact that D's GC is conservative - if it
> sees something that *might* be a pointer, it assumes it *is* a
> pointer and thus had better not get freed.

So is the GC then simply made to be "better-safe-than-sorry" or
is this a consequence of how the GC does things? Or rather, does
the GC know the type of any references to its memory at all? I
suppose I should really ask if there's a document other than
druntime's source that describes how the GC really works under
the hood haha.