BetterC and TypeInfo Question

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 22 07:30:31 PDT 2017

I should preface this by saying I don't really have a good sense
of how either BetterC or the D runtime work.

The recent BetterC thread made me wonder about TypeInfo in the D
runtime. My (surface level) understanding is that this is what
makes typeid work at run time.

I was looking through the C++ standard library headers and
noticed <typeinfo> that has a typeid also. One difference with D
is that it is opt-in as there is some cost using it.

I suppose I'm wondering what other differences there are. Could
TypeInfo be made optional in D, like it is in C++?