Is there s.th. like enforceSuffix for arrays (string)?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 22 11:25:14 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 06:18:22PM +0000, Andre Pany via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i often need to check whether an array(string) ends with a specific
> text and if not I need to add this text.
>
> For example I have a variable url and / has to be added to the end in
> case it is missing.
>
> I want to write:
> ...new RegistryPackageSupplier(URL(url.enforceSuffix("/"))...
>
> Of course the logic is rather simple to implement on my side but I
> often has this requirement and I cannot believe this functionality is
> missing in Phobos.
[...]

What about:

	import std.string : chomp;
	url.chomp('/') ~ '/'

The .chomp removes the "/" if there's one, then the ~ adds it back in
either way, so the result always ends with "/".

Phobos provides the primitives to build what you need, but it's a little
unreasonable to expect that it should provide names for every possible
combination of existing functions -- we'd run out of names because of
combinatorial explosion.

Life is too short to run proprietary software. -- Bdale Garbee