Targetting the 8051

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 24 11:48:32 PDT 2017

On Sat, 2017-06-24 at 18:04 +0000, FoxyBrown via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> Is it possible? Using LDC or GCC? I do not need any libraries,
> druntime, etc. Just bare bones with the nice D meta
> features(templates, etc).

Sorry but this is an ill-defined wish list. 8051 processors about in
the world just as they did 15 years ago. They are however very low
level things. Most people use assembler or specially extended C – to
deal with the 8-bit structure and the bit-addressable values some 8051
variants have. Trying to work with a 32-bit or 64-bit focused language
on an 8-bit target is never going to work particularly well.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk