Zero-cost version-dependent function call at -O0.

Johan Engelen via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 25 15:53:07 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 25 June 2017 at 22:23:44 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:

> The solution obviously does *not* work if you change the
> premise of your question after the fact by artificially
> injecting instructions into all function bodies

I meant semantically no call. I am asking for a little more
imagination, such that I don't have to specify all obvious
details. For example, the always inline solution also doesn't
work well when `foo` takes parameters.

Regardless, perhaps in the meanwhile you've come up with an other
solution?
I am now thinking about introducing a noop intrinsic...

> (read what `-finstrument-functions` does).

:-)