How to compile against GitHub fork of Phobos?

XavierAP via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 7 02:36:14 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 7 March 2017 at 01:14:28 UTC, Q. Schroll wrote:
> I have a fork of the standard-library in the folder "phobos".

DMD looking for the built-in phobos is specified in the
configuration file (sc.ini on Windows, dmd.conf on Linux), not
hardcoded. You may want to remove it from there. When you specify
-I on top of this, I guess the compiler looks in both places in
some order.

You could also clone your modified Phobos to the directory built
into the DMD distribution. But maybe you want to have both. You
may also keep and use two DMD bin folders, with different
configuration files. There are many possibilities for you to
configure what you want.

Also yes with your configuration I think you should remove the
preceding "phobos." from imports, since you're already telling
the compiler to look inside the phobos folder.