Problems with setting up dub for publication

Samwise via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 7 14:44:44 PST 2017

On Sunday, 5 March 2017 at 01:54:22 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

I was getting the same problem and created on issue on this
project's repository
(https://github.com/ZILtoid1991/pixelperfectengine), which I
think (although I don't know) was the reason this thread was
created. Using the dub.json that I added in that PR will compile.
However, since I didn't actually write any code, I doubt that if
I imported anything from pixelperfect that it would still work.
This is an issue I saw somewhere else...

Anyway, building "pixelperfectengine:pixelperfectengine": "*"
works with the hello world app.d, although like I said, probably
will not if I try to import anything from pixelperfect. Building
"pixelperfectengine": "~>0.9.1-rc2" does not work, it still gives
me the linker error from the top of this thread.

I like dub too. It has worked well for me and seems to be much
lighter and less of a mess than at least some IDE's. Right now I
finished fixing the d-struct package for the atom text editor,
which adds dub support for that, so I don't have to use the
command line hardly at all :P. In any case, dub is a great tool,
and works well most of the time.