code folding

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 14 09:51:08 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 at 16:29:15 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> If it's something you feel strongly about, then the way to go
> about it is to put together a DIP. There was a time when you
> could open a forum post about a new feature and eventually see
> it added, but those days are long gone (for good reason). If
> any new feature is going to have any hope of getting in these
> days, then it needs someone to champion it through the DIP
> process.

In addition, not that it won't get very far without a
demonstration of how this (a) can't be done using comments, and
(b) can't be handled at the IDE level. I have to admit that I do
not understand at this point why a change to the language is
needed.

On the other hand, if this does provide value, I'd expect it to
be one of the easiest possible additions to push through, because
it won't break anyone's code.