std.digest toHexString

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 16 10:18:30 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 16 March 2017 at 17:12:08 UTC, Carl Sturtivant wrote:
> I did that, and it made no difference. :(

wait a minute i just realized:

toHexString.d(11) in the error message

You named the file toHexString which means the *module* will be
named toHexString by default...

So using the name like that the compiler will think you are
referring to the module (of type void) instead of the function.

I'd say rename that module, but you can also use a
fully-qualified name to disambiguate like
`std.digest.digest.toHexString(md5Of(...))`

renaming the module is prolly easiest. either rename the file or
throw a `module tohexstring;` up top. This btw is one of the
reasons why the D style guide generally recommends all-lowercase
module names, to make such conflicts less likely.