std.digest toHexString

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 16 11:51:45 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 16 March 2017 at 18:07:09 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:
> Why don't you use -dip1000???

Because it isn't the default. But even if it was, people would
ask "why is this giving me an error?" and the same explanation
would need to be given. Certainly, a compile error is better than
runtime corruption, but the underlying issue ought to be fixed
anyway.

Phobos could have been written to avoid this problem too, there's
a few solutions that work, but right now, using the standard
library in a way people expect to work will be silently
disastrous.

It is a good study of 3 language features, two of which I think
are somewhat brilliant... and the third which is a big pain in a
lot of ways for no real benefit. So I want to kill that design
flaw.