GitHub detects .d source as Makefile?

XavierAP via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 18 03:52:31 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 18 March 2017 at 01:33:13 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:

> The code GitHub uses to infer source file languages is
> open-source, and – fittingly – available on GitHub:
> https://github.com/github/linguist
>
> You should check the issues for reports of similar D-related
> problems, and if there are none, create a new one. Or, better
> yet, submit a pull request with an appropriate fix.

Thanks! It seems I can also override the language detection in
.gitattributes, and it is now fixed :)

I'll take a look around and file an issue if it doesn't exist.
Probably not PR myself as I don't know Ruby.

> As a workaround, adding a "module …;" declaration to your file
> should help. You probably want to be doing that anyway.

I know about this and I've read the spec and Andrei's book yet
I'm not entirely clear why it is such a mandatory practice. I'll
ask in a new thread...

[1]
https://github.com/github/linguist/blob/master/lib/linguist/documentation.yml