Building custom library package with dub

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 18 05:26:35 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 18 March 2017 at 11:29:43 UTC, alex1974 wrote:
> I want to build a custom library with useful extensions to
> phobos. They should be named like:
>
> extensions.regex
> extensions.path
> extensions.files
>
> Some libraries, like extensions.files contain several files
> (e.g files.d, filesexceptions.d)
>
> Analog to phobos I would like to import them like
> import extensions.files: temporary;
>
> What would be the best approach for the folder layout and dub?
> I guess subPackages, but I can't get them to compile and link
> properly.
>
> Thanks for the help

You can put everything in a single library. The module names
should match to the folder layout:

extensions/regex.d                    // module extensions.regex;
extensions/path.d                     // module extensions.path;
extensions/files/package.d            // module extensions.files;
extensions/files/files_stuff1.d       // module
extensions.files.files_stuff1;
extensions/files/files_stuff2.d       // module
extensions.files.files_stuff2;

Note the particular case of package.d. To have a module with the
same name as a folder you name it package.