bug in foreach continue

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 18 17:18:15 PDT 2017

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 02:52:39PM -0700, Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On 03/17/2017 12:05 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>
> > 1) Template expansion / AST manipulation, and:
> >
> > 2) CTFE (compile-time function evaluation).
> >
> > Not clearly understanding the distinction between the two often
> > leads to confusion and frustration at why the compiler isn't doing
> > "what I want".
>
> I always find your posts very informative and very well articulated.
> Where is the book already? :) Or blog posts?
[...]

Haha, I don't think I'm up for writing a book... and I don't really keep
a blog either.  But perhaps a writeup on wiki.dlang.org is in order.

This particular topic, I think, is something somebody *should* write
about, because it seems to trip up newbies quite often.  Maybe sometimes
even seasoned D users get tripped up, too (though they tend to know
better where the problem is and how to work around it).  And this isn't
the first time I wrote about it.  I guess it's time to consolidate what
I've written into a wiki article.

Life begins when you can spend your spare time programming instead of watching television. -- Cal Keegan