How to COM interfaces work

evilrat via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 18 20:51:07 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 19 March 2017 at 03:27:28 UTC, StarGrazer wrote:

> I'd just like to get some conformation on the process so at
> least I know I'm headed in the right direction. The project is
> pretty complex and most of the stuff is done in compile time
> code.

What debug shows? If CoCreateInstance and calling other
interfaces is working for you, then it could be really D issue,
because not much people really use this stuff. Also it could be
wrong vptr table (method order issue) generated from reflection,
or it could be D vptr issues related to com (can you try
interface instead of class?), or D compiler bugs or wrong ABI(try
different compilers/versions)

That's probably it, not sure if there is other potential quirks
out there...