GitHub detects .d source as Makefile?

XavierAP via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 20 07:43:56 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 19 March 2017 at 21:53:17 UTC, Seb wrote:

> FWIW this has been fixed by Martin last summer, but the people
> at GitHub aren't very responsive. The PR is still pending :/
> More info:
>
> https://trello.com/c/g9PB3ISG/233-improve-d-language-recognition-on-github
> https://github.com/github/linguist/pull/3145

Thanks for the info. Whole thing looks beyond me, plus I'm new to
GH so not sure what's polite, but I'll try to remember pinging
after a while whenever no one does.

In the meantime my file is finally ok, after I added an override
in the .gitattributes file,* it looks like there was a time delay
from the language being re-classified by the GitHub Linguist
until it was processed anew by the appropriate highlight parser.
Even though the majority language stat for the repository had
updated instantly.

* Fyi these are the lines I added to my .gitattributes file:

*.d  linguist-language=D
*.di linguist-language=D