std.digest toHexString

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 20 09:31:13 PDT 2017

On Monday, 20 March 2017 at 16:04:10 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> https://dpaste.dzfl.pl/eafa86c5426d

Unbelievable, we're both right, sort of.

So it is true that typeof(static[]) == dynamic.

But the language also allows implicit conversion in the other
direction.... WTF. If you put a variable in between, it will do a
runtime array copy with assert(sizes match), and if the compiler
can keep track of where it came from, it will implicitly just
make it happen.

So we explicitly sliced... then the compiler implicitly undid it
again for overload selection since it knew the size.

This might be the most messed up part of the D language to me now.