std.digest toHexString

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 20 15:47:24 PDT 2017

On Monday, 20 March 2017 at 21:04:30 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> Agreed. Surprisingly, there are quite a number of issues that
> request exactly that, mostly thanks to our old friend
> bearophile. The following may be the reason for this WAT:

This is another case where I can kinda get it in isolation, but
it is weird coming together with everything else. The propagation
of size through the expression... but it is a bit weird that
explicitly slicing it *still* prefers the static size version....
but ONLY when the compiler can prove the size. Break it into two
expressions, and you get the other overload again.

The rules make sense alone, but together, they are just bizarre.