Derelict SDL segfaulting on ubuntu?

Robly18 via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 21 05:31:41 PDT 2017

I've been working on a small game of tic tac toe using Derelict
SDL, and development has been going along great... Until I tried
to develop on my Ubuntu laptop.

I uploaded the code to github, downloaded it on my laptop,
installed the prequesites and... The program crashed with error
-11 -- a segmentation fault.

Two days of fix attempt laters, here I am. I tried reinstalling
and recompiling SDL from source (since the version from apt-get
was only 2.0.4 and the one Derelict uses seems to be 2.0.5), and
it continues segfaulting at seemingly random places.

I have a function which fills the screen with black using
SDL_FillRect... Then, this same function calls another helper
function... Which segfaults, at SDL_FillRect. That is, the same
function is both working and crashing, when given the exact same
arguments, just in different contexts. And I have no idea why.

I'll put a link to the repo. It is a slightly more updated
version than the one I've been trying to compile, but it
segfaults anyway. I'm continuing to develop just fine on Windows,
but Derelict on Ubuntu has proven to be a nightmare.

TL;DR: Same code runs on Windows but not Ubuntu, tried to update
and recompile all I could, segmentation faults on seemingly
random places.

http://www.github.com/robly18/sdltest/