high performance client server solution in D?

biocyberman via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 23 06:07:54 PDT 2017

I am considering to use D and its library to build a high
performance client-server application. The client will be a cross
platform (Windows, Mac, Linux) GUI program that can synchronize
analysis results with the remote central server, and analyze data
locally. It will also visualize big data files (about 10GB of
binary data each). The term 'high performance' means it can serve
several hundreds users with desktop application speed. Further
more, heavy computation tasks will be done locally on the client
side. This description is still vague, I know. But that's the
best I can give for now.

I would choose 'dlangui' and check 'vibe.d' for a start. However,
I do not need to access the central server via web browsers. Hope
that you can give some thoughts about this design, what GUI
library to use, and what back-end library to use.