COM2D Wrapper

Nierjerson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 28 16:28:49 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 28 March 2017 at 12:09:23 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Monday, 27 March 2017 at 21:02:05 UTC, Nierjerson wrote:
>> Anyone can help get this working? I think the issue maybe that
>> the interface pointer returned by the COM interface is
>> "C-like" and doesn't match what D expects an interface to be.
>> I get access violations when trying to call the functions on
>> the returned interfaces. Not sure about this though.
>
> First write code that works, then write generator for it. It
> won't work the other way around.

Thanks, I'm sure you think this was suppose to help. I actually
write **ALL** my code in doubly generated(has to go through two
generations of code generation before it is generated). I also
make sure it doesn't work before I go through that process and I
through in a few bugs in the generation code just to waste more
of my time. Of course, I know it works that way because I'm a
genius!

In any case, I found my problem, thanks to you. You were a great
help! I had to decode your answer from Base64 and use the inigma
cryptic encoding function to actually find your COM expertise in
there though. But thanks anyways! I really appreciate it!