Building DMD

Inquie via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 31 12:54:57 PDT 2017

On Friday, 31 March 2017 at 14:24:43 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Friday, 31 March 2017 at 14:19:59 UTC, Inquie wrote:
>> On Friday, 31 March 2017 at 08:20:51 UTC, Nicholas Wilson
>> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Yes, I downloaded druntime from github and built it as I did
>> phobos. The 64-bit make files have issues because paths are
>> hard coded and things are not so simple as they used to be,
>> but I was able to, I think, get everything to work.
>>
>> So, if this is a druntime issue, and if built it "correctly"
>> is there any settings I would have to change to add them or
>> anything like that? Any way to check if those symbols exist in
>> druntime64.lib?
>>
>> It seems the methods are in
>>
>> src\core\exception.d
>>
>> so not sure why they wouldn't be added.
>>

>> But yes, I downloaded everything nearly simultaneously and
>> build them.
>
> Download the source of a release version.
> ~master is always a little unstable.
> picking the ~stable branch for phobos druntime and dmd should
> end up in a working compiler close to the latest release.

So, I downloaded all stables an rebuilt and replaced and same
error ;/(dmd, druntime, and phobos)

The error seems to be in something else:

1. I had to use fix up the paths to get win64.mak to compile
because the paths are hard coded for old visual
studio/clang/sdk's that simply do not translate in to the newer
visual studio revamps. (wish it did, because it's a pain to find
all the right files).

2. druntime64.lib has _d_arrayboundsp and _d_assertp in it(doing
a text search).

Any ideas? I'm at a loss. So close but so far!