How can I pass an argument to rdmd --evel=

k-five via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun May 7 07:52:17 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 7 May 2017 at 13:45:37 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Sunday, 7 May 2017 at 11:29:30 UTC, k-five wrote:
>> It should be possible!
>> rdmd --eval=, without accepting argument is useless.
>
> FWIW, you can still pass input through stdin.

Well how about --build-only?
with this argument it would be better to create executable file
in the current directory not in the /tmp/.rddmd-1000/ and with a
name like: eval.E201596D1C1E063AACF70666A4DBE264
This is a very useful tool if had some feature of awk and some of
perl

Unfortunately I only for a two weeks long got involved with
leaning D, if I had experience with D I make it so nicer.
-e is better than --eval
-n is better than --loop
because a one-liner should be as short as possible.

Anyways thanks for replay.
Also your website: http://thecybershadow.net/d/dconf2016/ was so
nice.