File Input

JV via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon May 8 01:54:50 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 7 May 2017 at 16:40:50 UTC, k-five wrote:
> On Sunday, 7 May 2017 at 15:59:25 UTC, JV wrote:
>>> [...]
>
>>         [...]
>
> You have the right for confusing :) there is many read and
> write names. But I assumed you are familiar with [Type] and
> [Object] concept.
>
> in:
> auto output_file_stream = File( "file.txt", "w" );
>
> auto = File              == A type
> File( "file.txt", "w" ); == Constructor
>
> So this type has its own property, like read for "r" mode and
> write for "w" mode.
>
> So you should use output_file_stream.write(), not readf or so
> on.
>
> Still I am very new in D, but this is the same concept in other
> language like C++
>
> in C++:
> #include <iostream>
> #include <fstream>
> #include <string>
>
> int main(int argc, char **argv)
> {
>
> 	std::ofstream ofs( "file.txt" );
> 	std::string line = "This is the first line";
>         // write is a method in class ofstream
> 	ofs.write( &*line.begin(), line.length() );
> 	ofs.close();
> }

Yeah i understand it very much like the other language like C/C++
and python..
since i'm self studying D language ..though i learn faster when
there is a sample code
i don't know if it is rude but can i ask if you can give me a
sample code for it?
a code for asking the user to enter something and then store it
in a .txt file?

Thank you