Looking for an equivalent to C++ std::getline in D

k-five via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon May 8 02:15:06 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 7 May 2017 at 20:50:10 UTC, Patrick Schluter wrote:
> On Sunday, 7 May 2017 at 13:16:16 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> On Sunday, 7 May 2017 at 10:33:25 UTC, k-five wrote:

When I want to learn to code, I asked in some forums about it,
and almost everyone told: Learn C++, C++ is powerful, and so.
After practicing and collecting more than 2000 example on my
githum with C++, I founded even though C++ is not so powerful, it
is a kind of dirty or messy. A collection of modern code after
C++11 beside of old C code. No standard library for time, for
socket, for file, or ....

For learning C++ I printed out the whole website:
en.cppreference.com and cplusplus.com. They really have a lot
examples for each part. Whereas some pages of reference library
here, even have no examples in the entire page!

I downloaded a pdf 2015 from tutorialspoint.com, but some of its
examples would not even compile.

The pest part of here in my opinion is tour part.
https://tour.dlang.org/

And the best way (in my opinion ) to make D more popular than now
is sharing so many practical examples or nice code. I am now
trying to port my C++ code to D and share a collection of
examples in my github. Hopefully it can help even though I got
familiar with D for two weeks.