How to avoid throwing an exceptions for a built-in function?

Bastiaan Veelo via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat May 13 05:17:48 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 13 May 2017 at 09:51:40 UTC, k-five wrote:
> On Saturday, 13 May 2017 at 09:05:17 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>> But obviously, to know what's actually happening with your
>> code, you're going to have to profile and benchmark it -
>
> Can you please give a link or page or something to read about
> profile or benchmark. I have no experience with those.

Profiling:
Halfway down this page: http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/trace.html

Two programs for visualising bottlenecks:
https://bitbucket.org/andrewtrotman/d-profile-viewer
https://code.dlang.org/packages/profdump

Benchmarking:
https://youtu.be/QELK73JSpFk?list=PL3jwVPmk_PRxo23yyoc0Ip_cP3-rCm7eB (fresh from DConf)