Do array literals still always allocate?

Lewis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat May 13 18:15:03 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 13 May 2017 at 19:22:09 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> It's just out of date. Can't remember the version, but this did
> use to allocate. It doesn't any more. But only for this case.
> In most cases it does allocate.

Okay cool, that's good to hear. For reference the most recent
place I remember seeing this was
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6751575/how-to-initialise-static-arrays-in-d-without-a-gc-allocation (although I've definitely seen others in the past). I'll add an answer to the SO question to clarify that this is no longer an issue.

Thanks all!