Current LDC Android status

Igor via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed May 17 09:28:16 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 at 03:00:08 UTC, Mike B Johnson wrote:
> So what is currently the state of affairs with LDC and android?
> Last time I remember, it *could* compile to android but barely.

About a month ago I tried to build OpenGL sample app following
directions from here:
https://wiki.dlang.org/Build_LDC_for_Android but I used these
samples to see how to configure the project in latest Android
Studio which includes .so file compiled from D and nothing else:
https://github.com/googlesamples/android-ndk/tree/master/hello-libs and it worked. I used Ubuntu bash on Windows to do it.

It is not too complicated but is certainly not straightforward
and I am also looking forward to having all this nicely
integrated in one official compiler that would just work.