How to setup DLL and EXE projects in one VS solution

Igor via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed May 17 09:56:13 PDT 2017

At the moment I have:

EXEProject:
   app.d - it does loadlibrary of dllproj and uses data structures
defined in dllproj.d (it imports dllproj). On the file system
this file is under <solutiondir>/platform/win32/ and is defined
as module win32.app;

DLLProject
   dllproj.d - exports functions and contains data structures
those function use. On file system this file is under
<solutiondir>/source and is defined as module dllproj;

EXEProject depends on DLLProject. DLL project compiles and builds
DLL fine but, of course EXE project breaks with an error:

module dllproj is in file dllproj.d which cannot be read.

I could just copy all the structs from dllproj.d to app.d and
remove the import and I guess it would all work but there has to
be a better way to structure code so structs are only written in
one place?