How to setup DLL and EXE projects in one VS solution

Igor via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed May 17 11:03:04 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 17 May 2017 at 17:48:50 UTC, solidstate1991 wrote:
> I think you should make a binding for your DLL file. On the
> other hand I successfully set up a static library and an
> application in the same solution (now it has 2 apps, one is my
> map editor and file converter, the other is a window layout
> editor, going to add a third one for testing other functions
> later on) by adding the engine's sources and library files to
> the app.

What exactly do mean by "binding"?

If I understand the rest you are saying that I could just use
"Add existing item" to add the dllproj.d file to EXEProject as
well, but that would cause all of the code from it to be linked
in the EXE and I only want that code in the DLL.

I should also mention that I don't want to statically bind to DLL
using a lib file because I want to be able to reload the DLL
while the application is running.