C++ binding issues with C++ function returning a simple POD struct.

ParticlePeter via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun May 21 12:33:06 PDT 2017

I am statically linking to ImGui [1] on Win 10 x64, quite
successfully till this issue came up. The noticed error so far
comes when an ImGui function returns an ImVec2, a simple POD
struct of two float members. I can use this struct as argument to
functions but when it is returned from a function I get a
0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
I can even debug the process with Visual Studion, mixed d and c++
sources. The functions I tested return data from some internal
global ImGui data, which I can fully examine, the crash happens
on the return statement. Moreover, some functions have variations
which return only one component from that ImVec2 POD, which do
work as expected, e.g.:

     ImVec2          GetCursorPos();   // crash
     float           GetCursorPosX();  // works
     float           GetCursorPosY();  // works

The latter do basically the same as the first one, but return
ImVec.x or .y respectively.

How could I further debug this?
If somebody would be willing to look at the source, the binding
is here [2].

[1] https://github.com/ocornut/imgui
[2] https://github.com/ParticlePeter/imgui_lib