purity question

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun May 28 18:51:54 PDT 2017

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 18:46:22 Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> Again, of course it's possible to do it wrong.  Escape hatches are like
> that.  And of course things are being worked on and improved, I'm one of
> the ones that's done a good bit of that at various points in time.  I'm
> really not seeking a lesson or lecture in why it's dangerous.

Sorry, if I'm coming across like I'm lecturing you. I'm not trying to. I'm
trying to be clear about the situation, and because this is on D.Learn, with
something like this, I don't want to show how to get around the issue
without clearly warning about the risks, because even if you know exactly
what you're doing when casting to get around purity problems, many others
reading this list will not.

- Jonathan M Davis