Error: func(const(A) a) is not callable using argument types (const(A)

Biotronic via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue May 30 04:07:13 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 10:46:12 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 10:37:58 UTC, Biotronic wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 10:31:24 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
>>> import std.traits : fqn = fullyQualifiedName;
>>
>> Darnit. I just googled the template and got a result talking
>> about fqn!T. So yeah - this code:
>>
>> import std.traits;
>>
>> pragma(msg, fullyQualifiedName!ImVec2);
>> pragma(msg, fullyQualifiedName!(typeof(CalcTextSize(label.ptr,
>> null, true))));
>>
>> --
>>   Biotronic
>
> This is exactly the cause. Output is follows:
>
>     internal.ImVec2
>     types.ImVec2
>
> I'm leveraging types as I try to do my own port of the lib so
> CalcTextSize is returning an instance of ImVec2 as defined
> types and I'm trying to assign to one I have declared in
> internal.
>
> Thanks.

Pleasure. :)

I don't know why you have two different ImVec2s, but you may have
good reasons to. If they need to be separate, you'll need to
write a conversion function between the two for the cases where
you have one and want the other. This could be the constructor or
opAssign, or a standalone function if you want to be more
explicit about it.

I'd argue that error message could be improved upon, btw.

--
   Simen