Issue with sc.ini within XMake build infrastructure

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Thu Nov 2 11:42:25 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a windows slave on which the dmd archive is extracted and
dub is executed using build scripts. The windows slave has Visual
Studio 2017 installed.

I would like to switch from OMF to COFF executables to also allow
64 bit compilations.
My issue is, there is no way to install DMD using the executable
setup but only extracting the DMD archive. Also editing the
sc.ini (by a build script) I dislike.

I tried to begin with an easy example. I set the environment
variables:

SET UniversalCRTSdkDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10
SET UCRTVersion=10.0.16299.0
SET VCINSTALLDIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.11.25503

SET LINKCMD=%VCINSTALLDIR%\bin\HostX64\x64\link.exe
SET LIB=%LIB%;"%VCINSTALLDIR%\lib\x64"
SET LIB=%LIB%;"%UniversalCRTSdkDir%\Lib\%UCRTVersion%\um\x64"
SET LIB=%LIB%;"%UniversalCRTSdkDir%\Lib\%UCRTVersion%\ucrt\x64"

and after that I called dmd to compile a test application using
the -m64 switch.
 From the error I can see, that my LINKCMD environment variable is
overwritten by the sc.ini line:
LINKCMD=%VCINSTALLDIR%\bin\link.exe

Error: can't run 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.11.25503\bin\link.exe',
check PATH.

How can I solve this issue?

Kind regards
André