Keyword scope as qualifier on destructors

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Mon Nov 6 17:32:10 UTC 2017

On Monday, November 06, 2017 15:51:15 Nordlöw via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> What effect does `scope`-qualification have for destructors such
> as
>
>      ~this() @trusted scope;
>
> used here
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7284/files#diff-da63c10313833b6da044c7e5
> e3a85c03R67
>
> ?

Without -dip1000? Nothing. With -dip1000, I'd guess that it has to do with
pointers or references marked with scope, but I don't know. DIP 1000 might
say. If not, then you'd probably have to ask Walter. scope ends up in all
kinds of new, weird places with -dip1000. He covered some of it in his dconf
talk this year, but I don't know how much things have changed since then.

- Jonathan M Davis