Automatic insertion of D-style multiline-comments in Emacs

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Sun Nov 12 13:55:07 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 12 November 2017 at 12:52:48 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
> Have anybody added logic to Emacs' `comment-dwim` that
> automagically inserts a (Ddoc-style) multi-line comment like
>
> /** ...
>  */
> void foo
> {
> }
>
> if the cursor is currently in front of a (function) definition
> (or declaration)?
>
> I realize that the challenge here is context detection; perhaps
> `beginning-of-defun()` could be used?

my IDE AST tool does this and even more (detection of parameters,
return section and throw section):

https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/blob/master/dastworx/src/ddoc_template.d
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEVqSItCKfo&index=11&list=PLzk8A0LUvEOV-OMdz09jfOahwnKoA2na_

though you would need a bridge to interpret and use the output in
Emacs.