ESR on post-C landscape

lobo swamp.lobo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 06:32:55 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 at 04:31:43 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> He mentions D, a bit dismissively.
> http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=7724&cpage=1#comment-1912717

"[snip]...Then came the day we discovered that a person we
incautiously gave commit privileges to had fucked up the games’s
AI core. It became apparent that I was the only dev on the team
not too frightened of that code to go in. And I fixed it all
right – took me two weeks of struggle. After which I swore a
mighty oath never to go near C++ again. ...[snip]"

Either no one manages SW in his team so that this "bad" dev could
run off and to build a monster architecture, which would take
weeks, or this guy has no idea how to revert commit.

I stopped reading at this point.